To download a PDF version of this vacancy, please click here.
Location: London – Start date: Immediate – Application deadline: 6 December 2018
We have a workforce engagement platform, focused on quality improvement, with a vision to use big data to transform the way healthcare is delivered.
As a fast-growing HealthTech company, ImproveWell is looking for a Data Scientist to inform and execute its data roadmap. As the platform grows rapidly, our next phase of development is to enhance our data analytics and machine learning capabilities. Working with the Chief Product Officer and Chief Data Scientist, you will leverage opportunities in our existing dataset, identify areas for further data capture and apply the relevant techniques required to deliver a cutting-edge platform to the healthcare market.
Technology at ImproveWell
Technology is at the heart of everything we do at ImproveWell. We want to attract the best and the brightest and create an environment where they can contribute meaningful work. This means we offer flexible working arrangements, dedicated time to contribute to open source and community projects. In addition, we have a dedicated professional development budget for attending events, formal training and on the job learning.
Life at ImproveWell
We are an ambitious, hard-working team but believe that balance and flexibility are essential for high quality performance. Our credibility with our partners, our customers and each other cannot be undervalued – we strive to deliver excellence in everything we do. Above all, we are enthusiastic and optimistic with the fortitude to keep going, and we do not let unexpected challenges stand in our way. We love what we do.
What YOU have to offer:
As a Data Scientist, you will have:
- A range of skills covering data analysis, architecture, evaluation, modelling and testing
- A strategic outlook to help shape the future of our data products
- Great team work skills to work closely with the existing team of developers and customer-facing employees
- Data driven decision-making mindset to prioritise the most impactful actions
- Experience with data architecture and large-scale datasets
- Attention to detail
What WE have to offer:
As part of the team, you will get:
- Colleagues who will push you to be the best you can be
- Unrivalled opportunity to understand and learn how quality care is delivered and organised in different contexts and with a global remit
- Flexible working arrangements including working from home
- Company laptop and AWS environment
- Starting salary of £30-£35k, competitive holidays & pension scheme
- Strong progression opportunities
- Annual budget for your own professional development
- Dedicated budget to power your data solutions
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience with appropriate data science tools such as Python, MATLAB, R etc.
- Degree in Data Science / Computer Science / Computing or related fields
- Familiarity with unstructured data analysis; experience in combining structured, semi-structured and unstructured data to perform analysis
- Good understanding of common approaches such as machine learning, Bayesian statistical methods, Bayesian networks, optimisation techniques, NLP, graph models, topics modelling, recommender systems, textual analysis and contextual analysis
- Experience working with development teams to deliver these techniques to applications
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies
Skills, abilities and attributes:
- Familiar with supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques (including the classics such as SVMs and Random Forests, as well as the latest state-of-the-art deep neural networks)
- Knowledge of the applications of NLP
- Interest in agile development practices
- Strong interpersonal skills, given access to senior figures in partner organisations
- Inquisitive by nature with ability to problem solve and think quickly on your feet
- Proactive self-starter with ability to hit the ground running
- Passionate about healthcare and making a social impact
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Willingness to be flexible within a small team
- Take pride and ownership of key workstreams
Sounds like a fit for you?
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com and we will get in touch on next steps.